SOMETHING OF A LOCAL SECRET, PALM BEACH IS A REAL JACKPOT IF YOU’RE KEEN FOR A DAY SPENT LOUNGING ON THE SAND – PALMY WAS VOTED QUEENSLAND’S CLEANEST BEACH THREE YEARS IN A ROW, SO THERE’S NO BETTER PLACE TO DO SO. JUST MAKE SURE YOU WANDER BACK UP TO CIVILISATION FOR A QUICK BITE TO EAT AND A POTTER AROUND AFTERWARDS.
Whether it’s late night bites or sustenance for the morning after, Palm Beach has it all. Avvia has you covered if you’re after a fancier brunch that won’t break the bank – there’s nothing better than polishing off a delicious eggs benny while watching the surf break less than a hundred metres away. But if it’s liquid sustenance you’re after, there’s no better place than The Collective – their Italian-inspired food and tasty drinks are served with a generous serving of good vibes and friendly service.
Much like its American namesake, Palm Beach has a definite ‘sit back and relax’ kind of vibe. Sure, the beaches are pristine, but why not hit up the local park for some ‘RnR’? Laguna Park is one of the Gold Coast’s best, with loads of equipment to keep the kids entertained and plenty of quiet spots to just chill. If you’re driving into to Palm Beach from the north, it’s hard to miss Tallebudgera Creek. This idyllic ocean inlet is the best place to spend an afternoon if you’re sick of the surf or want to entertain the little ones.
Looking to try something a little bit different? Head to the Rock Face at the Gold Coast Recreation Centre for a fun-filled day of climbing. With 10 different walls to climb and a state-of-the-art belaying system which accommodates solo climbers with ease, there’s no shortage of fun to be had here.
Here is one Palmy local’s Top 15 to-dos in the suburb that has it all:
- Hachi – amazing Japanese
- Little Maisy – a beautiful children’s store
- Goodness Gracious – amazing Mexican
- Dune Café and Pirate Park
- Mr Bengels – great coffee
- Wilderness – amazing breakfast, great coffee, beautiful view from upstairs
- Barefoot (new location) – great food and coffee, soon to be doing Sunday roasts
- Talley Creek (edge of Palm Beach) – best beach for children
- Laguna Park and Murlong Park – fantastic
- Third Base – great little hideaway coffee shop
- Burgster – best burgers on the coast
- Dog beaches both ends – great for your fur children
- Lester and Earl – excellent ribs
- Balboa – for special date nights
- Palm Beach High Saturday morning Farmers’ Markets.