WHETHER YOU LIKE YOURS BATTERED OR CRUMBED, FISH IS BEST SERVED WITH SALTY HOT CHIPS AND HERE’S WHERE TO FIND SOME OF THE BEST…
- Dine Fine, Palm Beach. The parmesan-crumbed fish is to die for and don’t miss their wicked garlic butter grilled option for those looking for a healthier alternative.
- Peter’s Fish Market, Main Beach. Pick your piece of raw fish, choose your coating and have it cooked right there for you. Great for families as there’s a big grassy area for picnics. Beware the hungry birds!
- Oceans Fish and Chips Bar, West Burleigh. There’s a somewhat Japanese vibe to this fish and chippery. With coating options including Japanese crumbed, tempura battered or grilled, they also make a delish mayo that in itself is worth the trip!
- Also try Selfish at Coolangatta, Red Hot Cod at Burleigh, Tally Valley Seafood at Tallebudgera and Scales at Tweed Heads.
- For restaurants offering a more upmarket fish and chips option, try Omeros Brothers Seafood Restaurant at Main Beach, Fisherman’s Wharf Tavern also at Main Beach, Helm Bar & Bistro in Surfers Paradise or Yellowfin Seafood Restaurant at Broadbeach.