FINDING THE PERFECT CUP OF COFFEE OR TEA – OR WHATEVER YOUR POISON – IS LIKE FINDING TREASURE AND WILL HAVE YOU GENERALLY DRIVING THAT EXTRA MILE OR MAKING THAT ILLEGAL U-TURN (WE DO NOT CONDONE THIS ACTIVITY!) WITH THE PROMISE OF A WARM, COMFORTING CAFFEINE HUG.
We asked some Gold Coast locals where their fave place is to stop, relax for 20 minutes and enjoy a morning cuppa? And, of course, we need to know what treat is on the plate beside that bevvie.
Here are their local secrets – enjoy!
- I love my coffee and Main Beach has a number of very good cafes. Hard Coffee for bacon/egg English muffin followed by a cappuccino and lemon myrtle biscuit or Black Smiths for an omelette with coffee and the Gold Coast Bulletin. Richard Fowler, Announcer, 94.1FM
- Barefoot Barista is one of our favourites. They were one of the original pioneers in Palmy and they are still doing great coffee and food. My order is a long black with their bacon and egg sandwich and, if I’m feeling naughty, one of their delicious home baked muffins. Jeremy Davidson, Director, The Collective
- Has to be a takeaway coffee on Burleigh Hill with a warm, freshly baked Pain au chocolat from Burleigh Bakery. Georgia Harding, Naturopath, ‘Well Nourished’ blogger
- I love walking the Burleigh Esplanade path with my twins in their pram, stopping at Nook or Nectar along the way for a coffee and muffin. There’s about five playgrounds along the way which means happy kids – and mum! Sophie Guidolin, Author and fitness model
- I usually mix it up at different venues at Soul Boardwalk. Nothing beats the peace and calm of looking at Surfers Paradise’s beautiful beach of a morning. I don’t drink hot drinks so it would be either a Coca-Cola (yes, bad I know, but let it go LOL!) and maybe a bagel with cream cheese or eggs benedict. Missy Robinson, The Rebel Collective